We are always looking for people who share our passion for KZN and all its amazing experiences. We want to make WOWZULU the best responsible tourism tour operator in Africa.
Travel Consultant, Durban (salary on application)
Are you an travel consultant looking for a fantastic new opportunity? Do you have knowledge of KZN and do you have a passion for responsible tourism and a flair for sales then read on! WOWZULU is looking for a Travel Consultant to join their team.
- Answer inbound emails and calls and make outbound calls to customers and Travel Agent partners providing outstanding customer service.
- Follow up sales enquiries promptly, calling customers directly as appropriate.
- Offer expertise, advice and knowledge to our customers about destinations, ground arrangements, etc.
- Promote and sell both activity and accommodation products in order to meet clearly defined and established targets
- Provide packages that are “tailor-made” to suit the individual needs of our clients.
- Take advantage of opportunities and up-sell when possible.
- Take responsibility to resolve problems ensuring that issues are followed through and escalated if necessary.
- The suitable candidate will have travel experience with specialist knowledge on KZN. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail.
- Co-development (together with managing director) of packages by visiting destinations and suggesting interesting travel routes or places of interest;
- Designing flexible tour packages to meet the needs of different clients;
- Welcoming clients at their starting point and announcing details of travel arrangements and stop-over points;
- Checking relevant documents and any special requirements;
- Helping with issues;
- Helping clients to check-in and settle into their accommodation;
- Communicating a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture;
- Informing passengers of arrival and departure times at each destination on the itinerary
- Making sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that activity, accommodation and service are satisfactory;
- organising entry to attractions and transport if needed
- ensuring that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group;
- responding to questions and offering help with any problems that arise, ranging from simple matters, such as directing a member of the group to the nearest chemist, to more serious issues, such as tracing lost baggage;
- dealing with emergencies, such as helping a client who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently;
- making contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements;
- liaising with hotels, coach companies, restaurants and other suppliers;
- advising about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops, at each destination;
- making accommodation bookings on proposed dates;
- writing reports and maintaining records;
- organising and attending tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary depending on experience!
- Please send an email entitled Travel Consultant to email@example.com, with your CV and a brief explanation of why you are suitable for this role.